- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
429 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 80th St.
By chelseabellec on 3/9/2011
We ordered the arugula/pear salad, grilled calamari, truffle pizza, and the chicken. It was ALL delicious!! The server was helpful and the wine was delicious. Good all around!
A good surprise
By anamar on 5/1/2009
We were just walking by and decided to go into Vai, and would never regret it. The decor is very cozy (with the wood mirrors, candles..). The food was great (tuna tartar, pasta with truffles) and the service amazing. We were for sure not rushed, we took our time (and we eat very slow). My husband ordered a dessert and he didnÂ´t like it so much and they changed it without hesitation. Would recommend it to anyone.
Way Too Rushed
By gwn175 on 11/4/2008
It was very difficult to come out of Vai with a positive impression. The ambiance was amazing, the food was great (ravioli with truffle cream was deliciously rich), you wouldn't want the portions any larger b/c the food was so rich and the server had a good knowledge of the wine on the menu. However, we were unable to enjoy our meal b/c we were SO RUSHED. Within 5 minutes of sitting down we were already pressured to order our entire meals. Half way through our apps, the entrees came out. Before we were even done with our entrees, they came over and cleared the plates even though it was obvious some were still eating. As soon as the plates were cleared, we were hounded about dessert. This was all within about 45 mins. I think it was obvious we were annoyed b/c the owner comped a dessert, which was a nice gesture but what was supposed to be a nice relaxing girls night became a tense evening.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu