All Reader Reviews of...
Mobile Truck, New York, NY
Overrated and overbearing
By sarahf on 7/12/2012
The Williamsburg truck serves forgettable, frost-bitten ice cream. Workers can be found harassing other ice cream trucks on Bedford Avenue for creeping in on their turf. I tried stopping at one of these other trucks this summer and found that I wasn't actually in line, I was just standing behind two irate Van Leeuwin workers giving a very nice Asian man a severe tongue-lashing for being parked a block away from their truck. "Don't you think you're too close? Answer me! I'm serious!" I understand, they should be very afraid of any competition.
Your freezers are too damn cold! Turn them up!
By YoungUrbanFailure on 8/4/2010
I have visited the Van Leeuwen ice cream trucks five times in the past year trying their different flavors and while I am sure they could potentially be good, every time I have gotten gotten ice cream it has been extremely icy. You guys need to turn your freezers up in temperature a bit! I know the word "ice" is in the name, but ice cream is not supposed to be icy and crystallized. It ruins the texture as well as the flavor. That being said, the people working the trucks are always very nice and the truck is a truck so you know it gets a 5 for being just that, a truck. If I bother to try you again I hope you guys have it right and show me how good you can be.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic