All Reader Reviews of...
103 Second Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 6th St.
By sadielady8 on 8/18/2011
Went with a friend the food,cocktails,service and decor are wonderful! Had the pack mule, and shared cheese toast, bitterballen and hot lightening with table...so so good! Our server was very helpful with the foreign menu items! Cant wait to return!
Excellent place for a dinner party!
By SBNY on 8/5/2011
I this week threw a b'day dinner for 10 friends in Vandaag, and we had a blast. The space is so roomy that you can have several parts to the dinner: we first had drinks at the bar (with the delicious bitterballen -- still better than the bitterballen that I as a Dutch national am used to!); then sat down at the long table in front of the windows for dinner; and had after-dinner Aquavits grouped on and around the banquette next to the table. The custom-made menu -- offering seasonal choices that suited my friends' varied diets -- was great. (But I do prefer Dutch stroopwafels to the ones Vandaag makes on the premises.) The staff and the owner were super friendly and the music was cool. One of my friends the day after the dinner wrote that Vandaag was "a fantastic choice" -- and I agree!
By damienadupont on 8/30/2010
Went for brunch. Immediately struck by how comfortably cool the interior is. I may have been easy to impress given the awful way the previous tentant, bounce-deuce, looked inside. The soundtrack was also very cool, and the big windows meant lots of light and even a nice breeze once in a while. The food was very good. We had the bread basket, cured halibut and two bacon-based dishes. Everything was tasty, though the bacon was different than any I'd tried before. Sounds funny to me to say this since I'm a meat-lover, but the homemade, locally sourced bread might have been the best thing we had. The drinks were great though I wish they had more variety. Given the pedigree (mayahuel), I was expecting a long list of interesting cocktails. Still, they were great.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu