All Reader Reviews of...
103 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 7th St.
By antonybcn on 8/8/2009
I honestly did not like the pizza. There are many much better places in the city. Go to Keste, Lucali or Motorino instead, or even your corner slice joint!
By kknyc85 on 8/31/2009
i don't know what anthony is talking about.... The pizza here is different from what's out there - it's not your traditional round neopolitan pizza so if you don't have an open mind you're just not going to get it. If you think Artichoke is the best around then something is wrong with you - no offense. The pizza here is delicious - great crisp crust with amazing fresh toppings. My favorite is the mushroom and let me tell you it's the best. For the quality and freshness it's such a great deal. Mushrooms are expensive and they generously top the pizza with the finest out there. They have great wine and service as well. A must try and the reviews from Bruni, nymag (other than the 1st reader review), and timeout are spot on. :)
Sara Jenkins strikes again
By glimmer19 on 10/22/2009
The sausage and fennel pollen pizza (using Jenkins' own porcheta) is the best of its kind I've had anywhere, and that includes Italy. The margarita, however, was somehow lacking in the requisite flavors. For them what cares, the salad was aces. And the daily specials -- when we went a slice of margarita, a salad, and a soft drink for ten bucks) is an excellent value. The decor's nothing much, but they had Kubrick's B&W "Killer's Kiss" playing on the LCD. That was cool, cos a lot of it takes place on location in and around Times Square in 1955.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More