All Reader Reviews of...
43 E. 20th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Park Ave. South
Special Occassions Only
By leonardcc on 10/13/2004
Veritas is fabulous,have your pocket is ready.The wine list is impressive but the costs are just as impressive. There are so many reasonable spots on 20th Street, Peryali, Aleo...This one , Veritas, is a special occasion place.
By squid on 2/1/2003
Excellent all around but difficult to get a reservation and expensive. The wine list is extraordinary and the special selections out of range of ordinary humans. A somewhat limited menu of excellent food but there is something for everyone here to please. Really a fine meal in every respect.
By lukeweiss on 12/19/2004
It is like going to school. The flavors are so complimentary. The wine perfectly suited (thanks to the expert sommolier). The deserts close to perfection. It is about eating at this brilliant restaurant. No pretensions, just perfectly prepared food.
Mouth still watering 5 months later
By vivems on 1/30/2004
The wine list sits at least five inches high. The sommelier is very polite and helpful, suggesting pairings with the meal. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed, and the service is phenomenal - discreet, deferential, never pretentious. The food is some of the best I have had in New York - this place is stiff competition to Gramercy Tavern next door. However, unlike at Gramercy Tavern, my waiter did not begin to scoff as I attempted to scrape the last bits of delectability from my plate.
Veritas has over 100,000 bottles of wine.
By ginodiaferia on 5/9/2007
Go to website and see for yourself. The 3000 number in this review is incorrect.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu