All Reader Reviews of...
9 E. 1st St., New York, NY, 10003
Yum. Where is everyone?
By annsy on 8/7/2012
We just had a great dinner--smoked trout salad (light but satisfying), kielbasa burger (enough sausage to make a statement, not so much as to overwhelm the burger-y goodness), borscht, and pierogi. Everything, honestly, very good and kind of special. Time had been taken even with the applesauce that accompanies the pierogi--it was reduced to an intense, tart, delicious, a superapplesauce. The atmosphere is nice--weird music choice (I like Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly and Johnny Cash, but it was strange to have oldies, like a theme restaurant, almost)--but it's almost empty. Good for crowds but nice for dates, too. I really liked it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama