All Reader Reviews of...
1535 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036
at 46th St.
poor service, great food
By laurie247 on 11/27/2012
I took family to this restaurant during the Thanksgiving break. It was a price fix of $79 pp and the filet mignon was so wonderfully perfect it melted in your mouth. The problem...The waiter had our table and 3 others when we arrived, then a party of 13 "a football player" and his family came in and all of us other tables were ignored. I waited about 20 minutes then ended up asking someone else who was passing by for our check. Never saw our waiter again after our dessert was served. the table next to us were given their meal and never visited by the waiter again! their lobster was $35 on top of the price fix and was as small your palm! I never go to rest., like this and never will if the service is like this when "famous" people come in.
The view is its biggest selling point.
By LauraWalker23 on 1/23/2007
We wanted somewhere special for my moms 50th birthday and we weren't disappointed. The view was absolutely incredible and as visitors to New York it was amazing to be there, especially on such an occassion. The starters were good as were the mains, although the setting demanded more from the food I think, although the dessert really delivered. The chocolate tart was in three sections, each one as delicious as the others and looked beautiful. The waiters on their own merit brought my mom another dessert with a candle in and sang Happy Birthday which was really nice of them. However, I did feel a little like we were in a production line of them getting the food out to us. Also on entering the restaurant there were no staff to explain which way we needed to go and we ended up in a needless queue. Overall it was definitley worth it for the experience and the view but I have eaten in better in restaurants.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu