- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
86 Kenmare St., New York, NY, 10012
at Mulberry St.
By kittycat1 on 6/7/2010
Wow, I'm surprised by the above review, but I guess everyone has a bad day. I'm doing the rounds of the restaurants in my neighborhood, and so far Village Tart and Torrisi are the two winners thus far. Aside from the food, Village Tart has the advantage of seating and a cozy vibe. You could really spend all day there. I've had the ham and mozzarella baguette at lunch...easily one of the best sandwiches in a long time. Their meatloaf sandwich is also excellent. For dinner, the bar area is really cute, and I've been addicted to the frisee caesar - great caesar dressing, and real anchovies. Salads in general are superb, and the halibut is solid. People seem to come here a lot for dessert, and the cannoli is really special (baked). Service could use a little improvement, but food and decor really outweigh that. It's a comfortable place with comfortable food.
By apny on 6/5/2010
My friend and I went for brunch. I had the egg white souffle frittata, which was the size of a postage stamp and came out lukewarm and really chewy. My friend had the baked eggs which came out soggy and barely even warm. The potatoes weren't cooked, and had no flavor. On top of it all, the service was very slow, and not attentive.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu