All Reader Reviews of...
119 Mott St., New York, NY, 10013
at Hester St.
where can I find the sauce
By aurbr70 on 11/10/2011
ITs been at least 44 years since Ive been there and I do miss the the place I used to go in there at least 2 maybe 3 times a month . I miss the sauce I tryed to make it myself but could not . I would like to buy the sauce but do not know where to find it , can you help me out here I live in las vegas aurora
By chriscardona62 on 9/3/2011
An absolutely awful experience. We weren't even greeted by a host or waiter, had to get menus from a bus boy, hunt down a waiter to order, and the place was empty. The good: great garlic bread, espresso, and cannolis, the bad: the under-impressive Manhattan clam chowder and pasta dishes, the ugly: the service -and we even had to hunt down our waiter to get the check. Atrocious. We will never go back there.
By askmax on 8/9/2010
We went on a recommendation from an ex-friend ;-) We also read some great reviews about the place, but were really shocked at how awful the food and service were. It started with the stale bread and moved on to the "chef boyardee" pasta dishes. We sent back two of our dishes and were too embarrassed to send the rest. Upon telling our waiter of how bad the food is, he simply said "well I am not the cook" without an apology. Had a seconds dinner in Tribeca.
By bun_cf on 12/16/2009
Went here for lunch and thought it was fantastic. Super quick service (which is what we needed and requested from our waiter), absolutely delicious pastas and sauce, really attentive wait staff, and good lunch specials. Will definitely be going back.
By jimjim65 on 5/17/2009
After an unpleasant experience across the street at Puglia's we were greeted and immediately seated at Vincent's restaurant. The service as well as the food and drink's were very good. We will definitely be returning to Vincent's.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods