All Reader Reviews of...
72 Hudson Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11201
nr. Water St.
Aweful! would never reccomend!
By asidhwa on 6/28/2009
The cocktails were great, small place; very very noisy! Food was horrible! Appetizers while being so.. so.. the cast iron chicken was REALLY sour and under cooked. Our server did not really care that we hardly touched our food. Then again, there were a line of folks waiting to get in. Having ventured to Brooklyn from Manhattan his was a true Disappointment!
Not worth a trip to Brooklyn
By NYC4ever on 12/21/2008
The concept is good. A simple menu, warm cozy environment. It would have been great if it weren't for extremely poor service (mainly disorganized and lack of attention to basic waiting details). Also the food was hit or miss, the "crackers" that come with the cheese plate - are more a non-crisp thick leavenless bread - not too exciting. The PEI mussels had a great sauce but 25% were undercooked - not nice. The crispy duck and squash ravioli both were very nice. Overall: Spotty Service and food can't outweigh nice atmosphere.
Cute, cute, cute, but needs a little bit of work still
By god_is_dead on 12/3/2008
This is a very cute restaurant in a super-cute micro-neighborhood. Food quality was good but the portion sizes are out of balance. We had the Crispy Chicken which is a huge portion (half a chicken) and a great value compared to the disappointingly small serving of Lamb Pope Hats (sort of an open dumpling) and a poor value, so the portion sizing needs to be worked on. The vinegar used in the chicken was overpowering as it wasn't cooked out enough and the chicken wasn't crispy, which can be a problem if the dish is called Crispy Chicken. The Lamb Pope Hats however was very good, only wish there was more of it. The cheeses offered were good but not particularly exciting and the portions were a bit too small. The restaurant itself is very cute and well designed. The service was attentive but they got a little overwhelmed; we got the feeling that this will probably not be an issue once they get into the swing of things as they've only been open 3 weeks at this point. Looking forward to going back once they have been open for a while.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu