All Reader Reviews of...
231 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
nr. 14th St.
By bluerain2 on 10/18/2008
Our family gave this joint a second chance on heros, but what a disappointment and big rip off 2x in a row. Both time the heros barely had any cheese or sauce on them, and to make matters worse they slice their sausages (for sausage parm) into thin coldcut size of one layer, leaving you with mainly wet soggy bread. We also tried the eggplant heros the first time - again basically bread with nothing in between. Pizza's alright, sort of doughy with minimal cheese, sauce is good (sweet) when they actually give you enough to taste on pie. Met the owner once, beautiful blue eyes but not very nice to his staff when we brought our children, not even pleasant on the phone when we called in an order - We clearly get now owner doesn't seem to care about his food either after we gave it two tries. We always try to support our neighborhood businesses, but we'll never give this place our money again - wouldn't recommend you do either.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More