All Reader Reviews of...
800 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10001
nr. 28th St.
Perfect for a quick, good pizza
By MERanger on 2/5/2012
All I wanted was a quick pizza to take back to my room and this did the trick. Service was quick and friendly. I had a small plain (four cheese) pizza which had a nice thin, crisp crust. The sauce and overall flavors were good but the cheese didn't melt all that well. The best thing was the fresh herb bar where I was able to cut my own basil and oregano to top the pizza with. I would go back if all I wanted was something quick and simple.
Good for kids but don't go out of your way
By chowdown on 1/18/2010
The pizzas were tops: margherita and one with a sunnyside up egg, arugula and pecorino cheese but the pasta I had, simple penne with marinara and mozzerella was mushy, not enough tomato chunks and too skimpy on the cheese. The overall effect was a feeling like why is this sauce clumpy yet wet? The decor is simply nothing and the tables are not even of the same height. If they redorated it it might be more fun to visit. For kids it's fine.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu