All Reader Reviews of...
253 Grand St., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. Roebling St.
By Hayden25 on 4/18/2011
I can't believe I'm only the second person to review this place. What a find! If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd be there every week. The service was impeccable and our food was fresh and delicious. We started with oysters and cocktails - everyone ordered something different, but they were all incredible. The brussels sprouts were absolutely delicious - shaved, fried and mixed with a hint of lemon, hazelnuts and sea salt. The short-rib burger was perfection and my boyfriend's fried chicken and mashed potatoes (with spiced honey - YUM!) was equally amazing. The ONLY thing I wasn't blown away by was the dessert (banana and chocolate bread pudding, which was a little dry. Must have been an off night). Shoulda opted for the apple cobbler special... but we will definitely be back. ASAP.
By la_la_love_ya on 3/29/2009
Generous with the goat cheese in the beet salad... and we sat at the bar and they generously let us steal Martini olives. Thick cut onion rings were hot, fresh, and crispy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers