All Reader Reviews of...
159 Duane St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. West Broadway
By Mary10 on 5/9/2011
I can't figure out how you could NOT like this place?? Unless your attitude is extremely rotten or you are already wasted when you get there and expect more than you deserve! Staff was great and drinks were very interesting. I brought friends there from out of town and they were super impressed!
By itoldyousohaha on 2/1/2011
I love this place! Not sure what this other guy's issue is - my guess? A bad attitude, gets you bad service. I went to a party here for Lancome and then came back with my boyfriend. The drinks were amazing (try the Kensington) and the caviar was even better. Very reminiscent of Milk and Honey except that by the end of the night we were dancing all over the bar. Fantastic!
NEVER GO HERE
By matthewdikovics on 1/30/2011
Five or six friends and I stopped in this place after dinner on my birthday. It looks good, plenty of room, not over-crowded but when you order a drink you have to deal with the mouth on the bar tender. He told a girl who was with us that, "this isn't a night club and you can get the fuck out!" All because she asked why her champagne flute was only half full when he was finished making her $14 bitters and orange juice or whatever else is on their terrible drink list. They will not make you a high ball or any other mixed drink that isn't on their menu and they are exceptionally nasty. They won't last long the way they're run now; they don't have the crowd or location to be such assholes.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu