All Reader Reviews of...
407 W. 42nd St., New York, NY, 10036
at Ninth Ave.
Louis [sic] Black?
By franklanguage on 8/14/2010
Lewis Black worked downstairs in the Theatre Bar for years at the West Bank in the 80s and 90s; he was director there. My chief complaint about the food is that they have so few vegan options, I could only order a salad and had to tell the waitress very specifically to leave off the cheese. I wish there was a "maybe" option, because I will only go back if there's a show downstairs I happen to be going to. Also, if they had more vegan options, it would be easier to make the food minimum; I don't drink alcohol, so I was under the minimum and the waitress surcharged me because of it. That left a bad taste in my mouth.
By eez23 on 2/23/2010
We were in the city on a Sunday afternoon to see a show. We decided to try this restaurant and we were very happy we did. From the time we walked in the door with a very friendly greeting to our seating(very cozy). Our waiter was very professional and friendly. Told us the specials for the night.Our meals were presented with a wonderful appearance. All four meals were very delicious. Then came our variety of deserts that we all shared, all so different and so yummy.. We all decided we would definitely go back. Our compliments to the chef !!!
Great food and great service.
By newyorkstateofmind on 2/12/2010
Been to West Bank a bunch of times and never leave disappointed. Great food and great service! Recommend the Chef Tasting the plates all go great together and the sesonal specialites are also really good!! ! Highly recommend!
Somethings is missing
By texasmountaineer on 8/15/2009
I have been a few times but something always seems to missing. Its like a kid going to circus and you were excited to see the clowns to only find out they are not funny. Food is OK. Service is OK, Drinks are OK, but you leave like I expected so much more..... Can't put my finger on it but something leaves you underwhelmed
By johnnyp on 7/15/2005
I was really suprised at the attentiveness of the staff from the manager to the waite staff. I'll be back evrytime I have to go into New York.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu