All Reader Reviews of...
4 Park Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 33rd St.
Don't Expect Peter Luger's
By DaCritic on 5/11/2004
If you're expecting this place to be as good as Peter Luger's then think again. Besides being burned, the steak had no flavor forcing you to drown it in sauce. It was a burned flavorless piece of meat. Lobster appetizer was like rubber. Swordfish entree smelled awful and could not be eaten. Service was slow and flaky. Overall, this place is ridiculously overpriced and is simply not worth the money. Go to Peter Luger's instead! You'll get an amazing steak and pay much less for it as well!
Not even a lightweight contender!
By battousai on 3/26/2004
Sorry Wolfgang, but you don't even come close to the real thing in Williamsburg!!! The porterhouses were more grizzle than steak and I was especially peeved that my party got bumped from our table even though we had RESERVATIONS!!!! They're gonna pay for that! Wine list is DOA too so what's the point?
By OTORO on 3/15/2004
Upon entering this Park Avenue Steak House, one will notice a ceiling worthy of Bryant Park Studios, and a cheap floor, that screams BR111. No need to fret, you go to Wolfgangs for the Steaks, and the steaks are great, all cuts are priced at 35 bux, which is pretty fair for a Steak House, they're served hot and with the famous Luger style juciness which is tough to find outside the city. The sides are weak, and the service could be better, but stick around for the desserts, cause like the Steaks, they will not let you down.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu