All Reader Reviews of...
409 Greenwich St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Hubert St.
By applepie7 on 6/6/2012
Couldn't agree more with the other review. Service was terrible - the waiter was incredibly rude regarding our choices from the menu (why put fish on the menu if you don't agree with serving it and if you are going to mock the person ordering) and the food was completely average if a little greasy, much like the service I'm afraid. Overall, a poor experience made worse by rude waiting staff.
Inconsistent Food. Always bad service. Overpriced. Don't go.
By mdn on 6/10/2008
Steak is usually underdone. The steak was not done right 6 times of 8. Service is TERRIBLE. Once the waiter literally mocked a friend who wanted his steak "well-done". Another time they passed off a cheap bottle of wine late in the meal for an expensive one (luckily we caught this and the manager apologized saying they'd run out of what we wanted)!! Waiter refused to get the sommelier because he knew what he was talking about-a reasonable wine for him was $150. And S. American wines for him were Nebbiolo and Shiraz blends. Never heard of that combo from Chile/Argentina. He was B/Sing us! At same dinner, waiter insisted our undercooked steak was med-rare and that we should have asked for medium. And finally, when some people were still eating, the waiter took the sides away and threw the wine corks into the spinach. Upon realizing this, he offered to serve them the spinach after he'd removed the cork from it!! Most times we had same waiter - eastern european accent, dark curly hair.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s