All Reader Reviews of...
23 W. 32nd St., New York, NY, 10001
nr. Fifth Ave.
They Tried to Hold Me Prisoner!
By peter.cherches on 6/4/2015
I went for lunch with a friend. There was a long line on the stairs waiting for tables, so we decided to go elsewhere. I went for the door and this young guy, apparently the maitre d', tried to hold the door closed and bar me from leaving. "Just cleaning tables," he said. "Sorry, I don't have time" and went to go and he was still barring my exit. I pushed past him and said, "You can't keep me prisoner in your [expletive deleted] restaurant." We left and I was livid. The food's OK here, but there's plenty of competition on the block, so no need to patronize a business that employs an idiot like this.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s