All Reader Reviews of...
23 W. 32nd St., New York, NY, 10001
nr. Fifth Ave.
They Tried to Hold Me Prisoner!
By peter.cherches on 6/4/2015
I went for lunch with a friend. There was a long line on the stairs waiting for tables, so we decided to go elsewhere. I went for the door and this young guy, apparently the maitre d', tried to hold the door closed and bar me from leaving. "Just cleaning tables," he said. "Sorry, I don't have time" and went to go and he was still barring my exit. I pushed past him and said, "You can't keep me prisoner in your [expletive deleted] restaurant." We left and I was livid. The food's OK here, but there's plenty of competition on the block, so no need to patronize a business that employs an idiot like this.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu