All Reader Reviews of...
88 E. Broadway, Ste. 106, New York, NY, 10002
nr. Forsyth St
By 20somethingirl on 10/28/2010
Extremely delicious, savory and spicy. They use a special spicy pepper from the Sichuan province of China which I've been searching for everywhere in Manhattan but never found. The pepper numbs your mouth and is super spicy. A little piece of authentic southern Chinese food in Manhattan. Things to order are the lamb burger, spicy tingly beef and the tofu.
deeply disappointed (and not feeling well now either)
By tronokerrigan on 10/17/2010
so, nymag raves about this place, tony bourdain loves it, and a friend of mine rec'd it to the fullest. that said, i went, very eager and excited--- much to my surprise, the food was deeply disgusting. i had the hand-pulled noodles w cumin spice lamb (their specialty). now, while the noodles themselves were remarkably delicious and as fresh as could be, the sauce (calling it that is perhaps too generous) was a two pronged mixture of: 1) a CRAZY amount of oil and 2) a proportionately CRAZY amount of cumin powder. no dynamic deliciousness, no real culinary effort. honestly, so repulsive. there was about 1/2" of grease filth in the bottom of my to-go container. i thought about washing the noodles and repurposing them somehow, but couldn't do it. i had to throw the whole damn thing out. SO SAD! the decor and service ratings are N/A for this place. all they've got is their food, and it's awful. such high hopes, such a sub-par experience.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu