All Reader Reviews of...
97 St. Marks Pl., New York, NY, 10009
nr. First Ave.
Good cheap eats and free condoms
By gucciqueen on 2/8/2005
Yaffa Cafe has been my after clubbing eatery for the last 10 years. It's certainly not fine dining but the food is good and dirt cheap ($6-$10 for an entree.) The gazpacho is awesome, the hummus is great, and their carrot dressing, which comes on every salad is the bomb! I keep telling them they should bottle the stuff. The decor is manic, (leopard and reds and kitschy,) which i love. The crowd is a hodge-podge of artists, club kids, goth chicks, and preppy college kids. Oh yeah, and you get a free condom on the way out.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages