- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
218 E. 9th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Third Ave
By Jumi21 on 1/10/2011
I went to Yakiniku for the first time but had heard good reviews for a long time. We got the beef platter for 4 and it was FANTASTIC! 8 kinds of beef (half of it delicious Kobe). Just want to clear up some things from the NY Mag review: 1) Why would you recommend white meat chicken at a place like this?? Beef (esp. Kobe) is the main draw. I even overheard a girl at the table next to me say "I always get the chicken thinking it'll be a good idea, but it never is." Her group agreed. 2) The beef we had was super fresh, all red, definitely no signs of freezer burn. 3) Not all the BBQ options come with kimchee, soup/salad, rice, and ice cream; only the meals do. There's also an la carte menu and the Beef platter for 4 doesn't come with anything. All in all I loved my experience at Yakiniku and hope to come back soon. We had more than enough food for 4 (I'm a big eater) and with sides of rice, 2 pitchers of beer, and 2 orders of gyoza (thin & crispy, also great), the total bill was just over 40 bucks per person. Next time I'll be getting more Kobe beef. YUM!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?