All Reader Reviews of...
251 W. 55th St., 2nd fl., New York, NY, 10019
not for me...
By hellskitchen7878 on 9/22/2010
I've been a few times & Yakitoi Toto has been good but varied toward average. Another thing I've noticed is they seem to be more interested in your bill than you're experience. They recently sent us away because we came for desert after a meal & that was not enough money for them to welcome us in. I will never go there again.
Delicious small plates...
By Verisimilitude on 8/2/2010
The yakitori dishes are amazing here. I recommend the "mune" (chicken breast), skirt steak, and pork neck skewer dishes. Of course so many items on the menu are delicious! Just prepare to pay to leave with a full stomach.
Well Worth the Wait!!!
By ywwan on 11/26/2005
This is one of a few places in the city I will wait as long as it takes to get in. Go before 7pm and you are fine but otherwise, it can be an hour. Discreetly located upstairs, it has been a well kept secret by its mostly Japanese clientele for a long time. The menu is wide and varied but the skewers, served with brown soy-sauce are the highlight and of course, chicken (in all its parts)is the specialty of the house. You can even have chicken sashimi but I am not brave enough. Other favorites include the freshly prepared tofu, the broth with rice, minced chicken balls and scallions.
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu