All Reader Reviews of...
1 Perry St., New York, NY, 10014
nr Greenwich Ave.
Great energy, good food!
By Mercy on 2/2/2011
Loved it here! Sat at bar since place was packed to the brim. Our bartender, Alex, was great! Had a Dark and Stormy cocktail which I recommend to everyone who likes rum and ginger beer! Food was tasty and excellent portions! I even brought home some of my skirt steak. Would definitely go back to try more dishes!!
By tapluca on 10/4/2009
October 3, 2009, first visit at the restaurant. Loved the place. I was fortunate enough to meet the head chef and manager. They were both extremely friendly and made sure that I was receiving proper service. I could not have asked for a better evening and service. Will definitely go back and tell all of my friends about this place. It was also nice to receive a glass of wine on the house, because it was my first visit. This restaurant is on its way to being one of the hottest hangout in the West Village.
Very mixed bag, sadly
By dinerinnyc on 9/30/2009
Been several times but won't go back. Food is original and very tasty (fried watermelon, suckling pig both great), very nice cocktails too. Great waitress. On last visit, we had to wait for one hour past our reservation time to be seated, and neither the hostess nor owner came check in on us or apologize (nor offer a drink) while we waited patiently at the overcrowded bar. Only offered a "Sorry!" when we sat. It's a shame because I wanted to like it. Sadly won't go back, and can't recommend it without warning.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu