- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
23 Ave. A, New York, NY, 10009
nr. 2nd St.
By pkennedy on 3/15/2015
Our party of 4 showed up on the early side on a Saturday night in March 2015. We had no reservation, but were met warmly. The host requested that we come back in a half hour, as they were cleaning up from brunch. They took our name. When we came back, a table was waiting. We had a wonderful time. Interesting Latino fusion menu and drinks and wine choices. (The wines appeared to be carefully thought-out, and the Malbec offering, which I ordered, was quite good.) Great, attentive service. Cool decor. The shaker from the bar area was going non-stop, adding to the festiveness of the place. We all took cards on the way out, planning to come back in the future. The manager or perhaps owner or perhaps both made a point of thanking us for our business on the way out.
The Place is a Dump
By fredex228 on 4/22/2011
poor seating (we were by the kitchen) poor service, tiny portions, overpriced, good booze though! save your time and money, look elsewhere.
Great service exceptional cocktails
By THENYCfoodie on 4/8/2011
Enjoyed the food ..ceviche with choclo corn on the side,,fish tacos,,,calamari anazing.. Brazillian dish ...Moqueca WOW!! Then had this poquito picante cocktail! The flavors just burst in your mouth. Very warm and friendly staff..Management are very involved ,,,very rare to see that in todays service industry..Will be back!
Hard to Pin this Place Down
By Ballyhaunis1 on 2/26/2011
Really enjoyed the service and front of the house. Everyone was especially kind. The food was definitely good but some dishes more than others. Recommend the ceviche and ribeye. Not sure though if the quality of the food warrants the prices. Also, the space is a little cramped and it seems as though its not sure what type of place it wants to be. The decor and food are modern, but don't seem to fit the Alphabet City location.
By dbookman14 on 11/12/2010
I made a reservation for saturday night at 730 and they confirmed it. I then got a call back later in the day telling me that my reservation was no longer available. The manager who called me sounded like a broken record and was non-sensical in explaining why my reservation was no longer available. Very disappointed.
By Foodienumberone on 9/28/2009
DONÃ‚Â’T GO! The hostess Laticia was disorganized and extremely rude to us. The food was mediocre at best and pricey. They donÃ‚Â’t take reservations and the restaurant is small and cramped. I wouldnÃ‚Â’t recommend anyone waste their time because you can certainly get better latin food in a city like New York. Once againÃ‚Â…DONÃ‚Â’T GO!
Food and Service Amazing
By erasco on 3/13/2009
I had a bunch of yummy appetizers and drinks and loved every single one. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The place is a bit small for large crowds but great for a date. Decor very elegant and romantic.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s