- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
24 E. 12th St., New York, NY, 10003
between Fifth Ave. and University Pl.
A poor man's Nobu, but not really
By garbanzo on 10/3/2006
Too pricey and not inventive enough for what it is. Heaven knows NYC doesn't need another subpar raw fish joint, but I think this place is a bit too high concept without delivering the goods
Everything I like in a restaurant
By nycadam on 5/14/2003
I don't know if it was because I went there the first month they were open and they were out to impress, but I thought everything was perfect. They had a wait staff & manager that were not snooty - fun but professional, not overbearing but attentive. The food was AWESOME. I have eaten at probably 30 different sushi restaurants in NYC and this is absolutely top three. The restaurants aesthetics are exquisite. I really enjoyed it - it was more that a good meal. I will become a regular. It was divine.
By hungerpangs on 5/14/2003
no dinner for two should ever...even at the most relaxed, sexy indulgent...take over three hours. three hours! yes this could potentially be a fun place to drink and hangout for a while. after all, it's a pretty good looking place, but the drinks are just a little too syrupy sweet and the food is either a just too bland or just too salty or just too oh-why-would-you-do-that-to-a-perfectly-good-cow to make it even worth suggesting.
By coolnavigator on 5/10/2003
Enough already with these psuedo "inventive" Japanese-fushion restaurant. Bad service and attitude could be not corrected by its nothing-special food.
Great food in a more open less cramped Japanese restaurant
By DrShpos on 5/3/2003
I've been to Yujins four times now, and have enjoyed it more each time. The restaurant has very high ceilings and the tables have more space beteween them not typical for most Japanese restaurants, so you can talk to your date and not feel as if the tables next to you can share in your conversation. Like any great restaurant there are some dishes that particuliarly shine. The rock shrimp dumplings were really tasty with that perfect accompanyig sauce. The soft shell crab appetizer is not to be missed. Also yummalicious was the red snapper appetizer, the tuna tartare the kanpachi salad and the sushi was as fresh and high quality as anywhere in the city. My service was outstanding at all times. The bar made some really good drinks and was way more comfortable than most restaurant bars. Yujin's is a bit pricey like all great restaurants, but the great food, outstanding service and comfy environs make it well worth it!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’