- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
79 Clinton St., New York, NY, 10002
at Rivington St.
Fresh spices, herbs and vegetables burst in your mouth!!
By GothamFoodPorn on 7/16/2012
I went to Yunnan Kitchen last night with two of my friends. There was an hour and half long wait so we sat at the bar (which turned out to be a better option I think). We ordered 8 small plates and 5 drinks in total. It was incredibly good. We ordered Tofu Ribbon Salad with mint, cilantro and chilies (really good!!), scrambled egg with jasmine flowers (very interesting), crispy whole shrimps with lime leaf (perfectly cooked, amazing shrimps), fingerling potatoes and shishito peppers (mmm! it was my first time trying shishito peppers), spicy pork skewers (very good), Fried Pork Belly with mint and Yunnan spices (this was by far my favorite!), ham rice cakes and mushroom rice cakes (amazing rice cakes, try it). I will definitely go there again. There is a pretty detail review of the place: www.gothamfoodporn.com
By cyntseng on 7/13/2012
Highly recommend the lamb meatballs, crispy shrimp with fried mint, sausage fried rice, king trumpet mushrooms. The scramble eggs with jasmine flowers was interesting. The dishes were tapas style, except for the rice and noodle. The portions were generous. Everything we had was excellent, didn't realize Yunnan cuisine was this good. Service at the bar was great, our bartender/waiter was very attentive. Food was served fast. An overall excellent dining experience. Will sure be back!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s