All Reader Reviews of...
72 Nassau St., New York, NY, 10038
at John St.
Our Favorite Place in the Financial District
By catre on 11/14/2011
The burgers are fantastic. I recommend going with someone else, each getting a sirloin burger and splitting a salad and mixed fries. They recently started offering homemade chocolate chip cookies. It's strange to say, but I think this burger joint is one of the healthiest options for dinner in the Financial District. They serve very high quality food (grass fed beef, organic greens, freshest ingredients) and it's totally worth the money. My husband and I often say we don't know what we would do if this place was not a short walk from our apartment. The excellent evening service is a better than the daytime service, probably because they are super busy with delivery orders during the day.
Try them for breakfast, too.
By leanneo1 on 10/29/2010
The egg sandwiches (I like mine with bacon) are unbelievable. At about $6 per sandwhich, it's more expensive than a McMuffin. But wow, they are tasty. And large!
By Dannel on 12/22/2009
I remember this restaurant when it first started out. They were willing to sell a cup of coffee for a sale, and when they did and saw my color, the look on the owner's face resembled the look you see in movies when someone discovers in the spur of the moment that their respiratory system has shut down and they're about to leave this life. Thereafter, their dealings with me were quite strained. They treated a friend of mine similarly until they cold seize the opportunity to tell him that they didn't want his business because their employee was noticeably and repetitvely incompetent in deliveries. So no matter the taste of their food, I'd never celebrate zeitzeff. CAUSE , FAIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT!
Delicious, albeit a bit expensive
By dfwnyc on 6/12/2008
Zaitzeff, though not exactly "inexpensive," still delivers a quality meal for a fair price. Their sirloin burgers are heavenly--opt for cheese and marvel at the way it melts into the grilled onions which come standard on every burger. I got a "small mixed greens" salad to balance the burger, but was very disappointed. I imagine Zaitzeff's other salads are quite good, but the mixed greens salad contained way too many herbs--I was hard pressed to find the greens in the salad for all of the dill and other herbs. Nevertheless, if you're looking for a gourmet burger (and you don't mind spending over 10 bucks for it when you add sides and a drink) Zaitzeff is a great place with a pleasant atmosphere and high quality ingredients.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s