- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
977 Bay St., Staten Island, NY, 10305
at Willow Ave.
A Little French Treasure in Staten Island!!!
By foodsnobny on 7/8/2009
A friend told me about this little restaurant in Staten Island, and I, growing tired of the "Macaroni and Red Sauce" in this common lackluster place (I am new to this Borough), decided, why not? Much to my surprise, Zest is a "brilliant gem". The moment I walked thru the velvet curtains past the doorway, I was welcomed by this lovely place that quickly transported me to some of the best little restaurants I have experienced in Paris. The Mussels appetizer was luscious and fragrant, cooked to perfection. The Cod Fillet served with a fresh sauce was music to my ears. The Whipped Mashed Potatoes were fluffy and light as they should be. The Profiteroles and the Rhubarb Tart topped the evening under the grapevines, the sounds of water coming from the fountains, and the sweet smell of the flowers that enveloped me. This is a little treasure, a gem, which I am willing to share with foodies in Staten Island. The service was wonderful, attention but no fuzz. Axel and Oksana were great hosts. .
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl