All Reader Reviews of...
675A Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 47th St.
By sib7287 on 3/26/2012
Truly the worst service I've ever received in NYC. After waiting over an hour for our delivery, we finally decided to call and ask what was taking so long. They had just forgotten to make it, but promised to get started immediately. Another half hour later we got a call that they had burned our food and it would take at least another 30-60 minutes to make (all we ordered was 1 pizza). We told them we did not think we should have to pay for that, so they said they would just cancel the order then. By this point, it was too late to order from anywhere else. We then asked to speak to a manager, but were told that there wasn't one available and we would receive a call later that evening. No one ever even called back to apologize.
By LAtoNYCGurl on 2/10/2011
This place... all i have to say is... FANTASTIC...everything is fantastic. I am an interior designer and have to say, this place took my breath away...very sexy, sleek, and stylish...it could contend with any high profile boutique lounge, hotel restaurant, or celebrity chef spot. The food is dead on to classic neopolitean cuisine,but with a nouveau flair...the margherita pizza and the proscuitto with arugula is outstanding...elegant clean flavors, crisp crust, thin and not over filling...you are confortable after your meal. The overall atmosphere is very "come hither" it makes you want to order more rounds of drinks and sway to the music. and stay all night..it is not too over the top, in fact, coming from LA, i would expect it to be louder.... anyway....i am happy i found a new neighborhood spot for me and my friends that will visit.
Great vibe but pizza was nothing special.
By PharmerBern on 11/20/2010
I would go back to Zigolini's, but it's not the food that's the draw. The decor is great. There's jazz playing in the background. And the long two-sided bar/table is perfect for socializing with a group of friends or a romantic evening. But the pizza was so-so. Crust was a little crackly and the "home made oil" was a bit too plentiful. Zigolini's is best thought of as a great alternative to a bar, not a great culinary experience.
By Shizid13 on 6/3/2010
Pizza is light and very tasty. Salads are refreshing and simple flavors. Everything is fresh and made to order. The decor...very very sexy...great for people watching. the staff is friendly. I would recommend! ;)
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More