All Reader Reviews of...
2084 Frederick Douglass Blvd., New York, NY, 10026
at 113th St.
By TinaNYC on 1/19/2012
This restaurant is not too far from my workplace. I'm so glad it is, otherwise I may not have checked it out. The food is extremely tasty. We all shared our meals at the table, and each and everyone one were wonderful. I've never been a huge fan of eating with my fingers like that, but the food is so good you barely notice.
A Very Good Ethiopian in Harlem
By Orin212 on 2/12/2008
First, the restaurant is absolutely clean, spotless. It is brand new and has that feel which is a huge selling point. Second the atmosphere, low lit, candles, quiet music in the background, is very romantic. We went on a Saturday evening and it was not crowded since most people in the neighborhood haven't yet clued in to this fine Harlem establishment. We had the vegetarian combination which came with four different entrees. We selected Atakilt Wett (fresh carrots, potatoes, cabbage and onions, sautÃ©ed with garlic, ginger and tomatoes in a mild sauce), Kik Aletcha (split peas cooked and flavored with green peppers, onions and mild spices), Shiro Wett (chickpeas, lentils and peas roasted, powdered and cooked in a berbere sauce with a multitude of spices), and Buticha (pureed chickpeas seasoned with red onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and fresh herbs). The food was delicious. It looked simple as it sat there on the platter but love and care went into the preparation. The result was flavorful without being overpowering, with the right degree of spice that even the pale American tastebud wouldn't be too taxed.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s