All Reader Reviews of...
188 Orchard St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. Houston St.
By fashionfamine on 6/23/2011
Stumbled in Zucco for a late dinner last night, and will be walking in with purpose next time. The waiter/bartender was so friendly, the food was great (I had the 'Le Parisienne' sandwich) and the atmosphere was amazing. It truly felt like, how I imagine a small cafe in Paris to feel like. It took the sting off my regret for never studying abroad in France, if only for an hour.
C'est si bon!!
By Sisi22 on 3/1/2011
Just got back from dinner at this gem. One word: Merveilleux!!
always a sure shot!
By sid1975 on 12/24/2010
from the music to the ambiance to the simplicity of it all the food always surprises me, like a good lover.. Im from france and this is the spot i go to to fill this space i sometimes miss. I've eaten in so many restaurants in ny since the 16 years ive been living here, many of them where french and with high reputation. Zucco, is for me the best. sid
By cindyl on 1/24/2010
After reading the review we tried the Diner for a late lunch. It is small (a counter that seats 5 or 6 and a few tables for two) so we were happy to find a spot to sit down. The place is very interesting. On a cold day we settled on the Arborio rice dish and some braised leeks. As we filled our bellies with the delicious hearty meal and listened to an eclectic french radio station, we began to drift off to Paris. A treasure of a hole in the wall niche.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama