All Reader Reviews of...
69-46 Myrtle Ave., Queens, NY, 11385
at 70th St.
Best Authentic German Food
By JudgeJudy on 11/21/2009
Been coming to this restaurant since the mid 1970s with my high school German Club. Great food, although a little pricey, worth it. Avoid the scene during the World Cup....the bar becomes deafening.
By saDeutsch on 2/16/2009
Zum Stammtisch is without a doubt the best German restaurant outside of Germany. My family and I have been coming here since I was born, ever since we make it down to Zum Stammtisch once or twice a month. The foods exactly how my Oma and Opa make it in Germany (Sometimes better). The service is great, and they're all really nice people. It can get pretty loud inside at times, but everyone has a really great time. If you're not afraid to dive right into German cuisine it's the place to go, full of flavor and excitement in a homey atmosphere. You won't be disappointed, just make sure you have plenty of cash on you as most dishes are from $17 to $23 dollars.
Nice food - bad service
By jny on 4/29/2007
We've been going there for a while, when the german food craving hits. The food was always nice, if you are willing to put up with unattentive cold service - which is pretty amazing, at that type of restaurant one would expect the atmosphere to be super friendly - unfortunately not the case here at all. But last time topped it all - we are not going back. The waitress did not bother to tell us specials, forgot our appetizers, managed to serve people that came way after us first, got the kids order wrong, never returned to ask us if we needed anything... and even ruined the quality of food... the main course was taken back, after we mentioned the appetizers, and brought to the table REHEATED not freshly prepared, like one would expect after the mistake with the appetizers - with the weinerschnitzel - it made it hardly eadible...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu