All Reader Reviews of...
77 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Harrison St.
By CityPixie on 8/24/2007
A lot of my friends look at me quizzically when I suggest that we meet at one of my favorite local Japanese spots because the name sounds Italian! Make no mistake, Zutto is the real deal -- the decor, menu and service is authentic Japanese, but not in the spare, zen sense that many other sushi restaurants are. Zutto is warm and inviting, the lighting is soft and the servers speak in hushed tones that make you feel like you've walked right into a local and comfortable Tokyo izakaya. While there are ample sashimi and sushi platter options on the menu, make sure that you sample some of the creative rolls, which seem to change all the time and are often whimsically named. There are many cold and hot sakes to chose from, but the best value is the house sake served in a glass (not a box).
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu