- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
173 Fourth Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Degraw St.
Ramen in BK
By cfc82 on 2/10/2011
After my 4th trip to ZuZu i figured that i might as well expand my horizons and venture over to the island to check out the manhattan hype... And i am back at ZuZu. The broth base at ZuZu is deep, salty and smokey; other variations are nice but at times can feel generic. The noodles are of a good caliber and there is a good bite/chewiness to them. The toppings are unparalleled, the soft boiled egg is perfectly done (which I find to be the downfall of alot of ramen). The charsu: cut is of a good size, not too fatty, and not overcooked; basically i can rip it apart using my chopsticks and spoon making it more easily consumable. I can't speak of the rest of the menu as I have never really tried it. In regards to the previous post, I don't agree, broths come from somewhere and yes some ingredients are found in a can (welcome to asian food). Ramen is about sitting down to bowl of noodles that taste good, don't over analyze it. ZuZu is worth the stop.
Still going to the East Village for my ramen fix
By parkslopechris on 3/14/2010
Poor service aside, the worst part of Zuzu Ramen is the let down when your meal arrives. I was expecting a fresh bowl of Japanese noodles with a Thai twist. The restaurant doesn't even try to conceal its use of Tom Yum paste from a can to make the hot and sour ramen with shrimp. The green curry miso tasted like it was also from a can. The noodles were all clumped together in a big mess. I'd hoped for a fresh ramen place that made it's own broths and noodles with pride. Instead we got a glorified fast food joint posing as a 'cool' hangout for the Park Slope crowd, who the owners seem to be betting won't know the difference. Fat chance. Momofuku has nothing to worry about from this disappointing joint.
Yummy and Spicy
By Hrana on 8/29/2009
I have never eaten in the restaurant, just had take out on two occasions, and it has been great both times. The green curry ramen is very spicy, a little too much for me, but the Zuzu Ramen is amazing! It is very smokey and unbelievably good, although the meat was too fatty but maybe it was just that once as the first time that I had it, it was just right. The portions are generous eventhough the prices are a little steep. The decor of the restaurant looks great so I am looking forward to eating in soon.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella