Your Best Face Forward
How-to tips for a pair of popular looks, from Bobbi Brown Cosmetics makeup artist Cassandra Garcia.
(1) Apply bone-colored eye shadow from lash line to brow bone using an eye shadow brush.
(2) Use shimmery champagne shadow on the lower lid, apply up to the crease with an eye shadow brush. Use an angled eye shadow brush to blend it into the crease.
(3) Line upper lash line with a dark brown eyeliner (Bobbi Brown’s Espresso Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner would be great) using a fine brush.
(4) Apply mascara.
(5) Smile and blend pale pink blush on the apples of the cheeks with a blush brush.
(6) Line and fill in lips with beige lip pencil for a longer-lasting effect.
(7) Apply beige lip color with a lip brush (for extra precision).
(8) Add a pop of shine by adding translucent pink gloss.
(1) Apply bone-colored eye shadow from lash line to brow bone. Apply light brown eye shadow (like Bobbi Brown’s Birch) to the lower lid, then blend it into the crease.
(2) Line upper lash with black eyeliner, and then double the line with dark brown eye shadow.
(3) To up the drama, diffuse the edge of the line with more shadow, and smudge some along the lower lash line.
(4) Smile and sweep a sandy pink blush back from the apples of your cheeks.
(5) Apply black mascara.
(6) Line and fill in lips with red lip pencil, and then apply burnt red lip color with a lip brush (for extra precision).
From the Winter 2010 New York Wedding Guide