We’d imagine that scoring your first NHL goal is pretty memorable (even if it’s not technically the first time you put a puck in the net during a league game). Scoring that goal in overtime, it stands to reason, would be even better. But scoring that goal from an impossible angle, and past a goaltender who’d been sharp all night, to snap your team’s two-game losing streak? Welcome to the NHL, Mats Zuccarello.
Here’s video of the goal, on an opportunity created by Brandon Dubinsky’s rush up the ice — one that gave the Rangers a 2–1 win in a game that saw stellar goaltending on both ends, some Staal-on-Staal violence, and the Rangers bouncing back after allowing the game-tying goal with under seven minutes to go:A Fine Way to Score One’s First NHL Goal, and Other Highlights From a Great Night of Hockey
- Stranger Things 4’s Most and Least Devastating Deaths
- Did Will Byers Come Out in the Stranger Things Finale? An Investigation.
- Stranger Things Season-Finale Recap: The Fourth Gate
- Becca Tilley Gets Her Rose
- Top Gun: Maverick Has One More Record to Break