We’d imagine that scoring your first NHL goal is pretty memorable (even if it’s not technically the first time you put a puck in the net during a league game). Scoring that goal in overtime, it stands to reason, would be even better. But scoring that goal from an impossible angle, and past a goaltender who’d been sharp all night, to snap your team’s two-game losing streak? Welcome to the NHL, Mats Zuccarello.
Here’s video of the goal, on an opportunity created by Brandon Dubinsky’s rush up the ice — one that gave the Rangers a 2–1 win in a game that saw stellar goaltending on both ends, some Staal-on-Staal violence, and the Rangers bouncing back after allowing the game-tying goal with under seven minutes to go:A Fine Way to Score One’s First NHL Goal, and Other Highlights From a Great Night of Hockey
- Shonda Rhimes Left ABC for Netflix After a Disneyland Ticket Snub
- Ice Cube Puts Eric Trump on Thin Ice Over Fake Trump-Hat Photo With 50 Cent
- U.S. Intelligence Accuses Iran and Russia of Interfering in 2020 Election
- The Rudy Giuliani Moment Going Viral Is Good for Borat 2 … Not
- Dolly Parton Made Stephen Colbert Cry With a Folk Song