The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Watch the comedian and his crew mouth off on news, pop culture, and everything in between on this self-proclaimed “series unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity or even accuracy”. To request tickets, send an email to email@example.com a week before the date of the taping you’d like to attend. To get stand-by tickets, arrive at the studio well before 5 p.m. Note: you must be 18 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Thu, doors open at 5:20 p.m. at The Daily Show Studios, 733 Eleventh Ave., near 51st St., 212-586-2477.DaySide with Linda Vester
Linda Vester hosts FOX News’s daytime talk show, in which she sits down with newsmakers and celebrities alike. For tickets, fill out the form at foxnews.com or call 877-FOX-TKTS. Note: you must be 18 or older or have a FOX News Network consent form signed by parent or legal guardian to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 1 p.m.-2 p.m.; ticket holders must arrive by 11:30 a.m., 1211 Sixth Ave., near 48th St. Emeril Live
With a live band, celebrity guests, and an incredibly energetic host, Emeril makes cooking entertaining. Unfortunately, getting tickets to see the show is not as easy as “bam”. Visit foodnetwork.com and sign up for the online newsletter to get updates on when to sign up for the ticket lottery.
• Tapings held various times throughout the year at the Food Network studios, 75 Ninth Ave., at 15th St., 212-398-8836.
Good Morning America
Reasons to tune in: the current events, the how-to tips, your love/hate of Diane Sawyer. To reserve tickets, fill out the form at abcnews.com and be sure to include an interesting fact about yourself or other family member. If you miss out on requesting tickets for the show, there’s always the street outside where fans can stand.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.-9 a.m. on 44th St. and Broadway, 212-580-5176.
Hope & Faith
Live with Regis and Kelly co-host Kelly Ripa’s show is one of the only sitcoms you can catch here in New York. In a not-so-far stretch, Ripa (once a regular on All My Children) plays a former soap actress who unexpectedly moves to Ohio and begins turning her sister’s world upside down. For tickets, go to tvtickets.com or call 818-753-3470. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held various times from summer to fall at Silvercup Studios East, 34-02 Starr Ave., Long Island City, Queens, 718-906-3000.
Last Call with Carson Daly
The man who made TRL famous hosts this late-night talk show, whose tickets can be secured more easily than those of its late-night competitors. Reservations for the show can be made at 1iota.com or by calling 888-4LC-TIXX Mon-Fri, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Pick up stand-by tickets the day of the taping at 11 a.m. at the NBC Experience Store. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, evenings at NBC Studios, Mezzanine level at 30 Rockefeller Plaza; NBC Experience Store, 50 W. 50th St., between Fifth and Sixth Aves., 212-664-3056.
Late Night with Conan O’Brien
Expect smart and witty humor from this Harvard alum and former SNL and Simpsons writer. To see Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and other special guests, call 212-664-3056. Stand-by tickets are available at 9 a.m. the day of taping under the “NBC Studios” marquee on 30 Rockefeller Plaza, but do not guarantee access. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Tue-Fri, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (arrive no later than 4:15) at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, near 49th St., 212-664-3056.
The Late Show with David Letterman
Since 1982, Letterman has been hilariously fulfilling your late-night needs with Stupid Tricks and “Top Ten” lists. To secure tickets, submit an online form at cbs.com or go to the studio Mon-Fri, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Sat-Sun, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Stand-by tickets, which do not guarantee entry, are available by calling 212-247-6497 at 11 a.m. the day of taping. Note: you must be 18 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Wed, 5:30 p.m.; Thu, 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., however times known to vary, at the Ed Sullivan Theater, 1697 Broadway, at 53rd St., 212-975-4321.
Live with Regis and Kelly
The daytime talk show made famous by Regis Philbin and Kathie Lee Gifford maintains its popularity thanks to the chemistry between Philbin and perky Kelly Ripa. It’s been known to have up to a yearlong waiting list for tickets, so write at least four weeks in advance to:
“Live with Regis and Kelly” Tickets
P.O. Box 230-777
New York, NY 10023-0777
For stand-by admission, head over to the studio as early as 7 a.m. Note: you must be 10 or older to attend tapings, and anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. on W. 67th St. and Columbus Ave.
The Maury Show
For almost fifteen years Mr. Connie Chung has welcomed an array of guests onto his talk show, from pregnant teens to those in need of makeovers. Be there to watch the drama unfold by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 212-244-7545, or writing to:
The Maury Show
15 Penn Plaza/Grand Ballroom
New York, NY 10001
• Tapings held Tue-Thu, 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the USA Studios, 15 Penn Plaza, at 32nd St., 212-244-7545.
The Montel Williams Show
Daytime Emmy winner Montel Williams hosts this show which deals with standard talk show drama: family strife, troubled teens, and much more. What sets Williams apart from his rivals is his military background and openness about his personal life, particularly his diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. To get tickets, fill out an online form at montelshow.com or call 212-989-8101 between 9am and 5pm no earlier than eight weeks prior to the taping.
• Tapings held Wed-Thu, 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 4 p.m. at Unitel Studios, 433 W. 53rd St., between Ninth and Tenth Aves., 212-989-8101.
The Today Show
Matt Lauer and America’s sweetheart Katie Couric host this morning show, number one for eight years running. Regulars Ann Curry reporting news, Al Roker on the weather, and Gene Shalit relating entertainment gossip, round out the mix. There’s no studio audience, but since the show is shot entirely at street level, enterprising fans can always wait outside the studio and watch.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.-10 a.m. at NBC Studio 1A, Rockefeller Plaza, 48th St. between Fifth and Sixth Aves., 212-664-3056.Total Request Live
TRL has become a pop-culture phenomenon for MTV-watching teens everywhere. The show, which counts down the ten most popular music videos of the day, relies on its studio audience for participation, so you’ll almost surely find yourself on TV if you attend a live taping. For reservations, email TRLcasting@mtvstaff.com or call 212-398-8549.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 2 p.m. at MTV Studios, 1515 Broadway, at 44th St., 212-398-8549.
This estrogen-packed, Emmy-winning daytime talk show features five women discussing the news, interviewing stars, and relating personal issues to its audience. To obtain tickets, residents of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania may submit requests by going here:, residents of other states and Canada submit here, or send a postcard with your name, address, and daytime phone number to:
320 W. 66th St.
New York, NY 10023
Stand-by tickets are available the day of taping between 8:30am and 10am by the audience entrance to the studio. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Fri, 11 a.m.-noon, but ticket holders must arrive by 9:30 a.m. at 320 W. 66th St., at West End Ave.
Who Wants to be a Millionaire
The slow-paced game show invites you to be a member of the audience and perhaps serve as a life-line. Meredith Vieira took over hosting from Regis Philbin in 2002, asking the infamous “is that your final answer?” For tickets, fill out the online form at millionairetv.com. Note: you must be 18 or older to attend tapings.
• Tapings held Mon-Tue, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.; Thu, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. at 30 W. 67th St., near Central Park West.
Saturday Night Live
Securing tickets for this 30-year-old sketch comedy institution is notoriously difficult but not impossible. To be entered into the ticket lottery for the 2005-06 season, email email@example.com during August, and if you win, you will be assigned a date. If you miss the deadline or don’t want to deal with the lottery, you can get standby tickets either for the live show or the dress rehearsal by arriving by 7 am the morning of the performance. Note: you must be 16 or older to attend.
• Tapings held Saturday at 11:30 p.m., 8 p.m. for dress rehearsal, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, near 49th St., 212-664-3056.