1. Forget tops and pants (denim aside). Bring dresses instead. Commit to a monochromatic wardrobe. A sleeveless Diane Von Furstenberg black jersey is the best multitasker and rolls up very small. Pair it with a cropped jacket (AKA’s eyelet ones for spring are chic and tiny) if you need to look professional during the day, and go bare-shouldered at night.
2. Limit yourself to two pairs of shoes: one pair of ballet flats (with skinny, tapered Fidelity Jeans for day or to dress down your DVF for a casual dinner) and one pair of stacked-heel platform sandals for trendy restaurants and clubs.
3. Wear your workout sneakers on the plane; they’re usually the bulkiest thing to pack.
4. Get Muji’s jersey-covered inflatable neck pillow.
5. An MZ Wallace tote or messenger bag doubles as a carry-on and working bag. Comme des Garçons’ bright leather makeup bags make a good evening clutch.
6. Don’t bring shampoo, conditioner, body wash, or body lotion—every hotel has these amenities. Ditto bulky gadgets like electricity converters or blow-dryers.
7. Sleep naked. Hotels also supply bathrobes.
8. Consolidate medications or vitamins by dispensing the right number of pills and dumping them all into a Ziploc bag.