Circuit One: Upper West Side
Columbus Avenue’s stand-alone stores supply the gift-list staples—plaid shirts, colorful boots, adorable dinos—while the GreenFlea Market covers the rest.
1. Start at the GreenFlea
Sunglasses, three for $10, various vendors at GreenFlea Market, Columbus Ave. at 77th St.; Saturdays through December 19 and Sundays year-round (10 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.).
Handmade stationery, $2
Coasters, $20 for four, by On the Fringe.
Vintage Victorian lady’s writing chair (circa late 1800s), $775, by the Divine Chair Company.
Knitting needles, $20, by the Needles of Lee Apt.
2. Lace cami, $54, and briefs, $35, at Only Hearts (386 Columbus Ave., nr. 79th St.; 212-724-5608).
3. Bee Posh fleece boots, $50, at Berkley Girl (410 Columbus Ave., nr. 80th St.; 212-877-4770).
4. Kid’s down jacket, $79, at Bit’z Kids (410 Columbus Ave., nr. 80th St.; 212-724-1415).
5. Urban Expressions fold-over tote, $118, at Mint (448 Columbus Ave., nr. 82nd St.; 212-362-6250).
6. Wholesome Gourmet dog biscuits, $10, at Canine Country Club (452A Columbus Ave., nr. 82nd St.; 212-787-7387).
7. Dinosaur toys, $9 each, at Thérapie (309 Columbus Ave., nr. 75th St.; 212-877-3307).
8. Plaid varsity shirt, $145, at AG Adriano Goldschmied (305 Columbus Ave., nr. 74th St.; 212-496-5692).
Circuit Two: Park Slope
Supplement your sprint along Brooklyn’s best shopping drag with a spin through the undervisited flea market at the Old American Can Factory in nearby Gowanus.
1. Start at the Old American Can Factory
Belt buckle, $105 ($155 with leather belt), by Devils May Care at the Market at the Old American Can Factory, 232 Third St., at Third Ave., Gowanus; every Sunday (11 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
Poetry books, $5 to $17, by Ugly Duckling Presse.
Hammered metal earrings, $40, by Shaya NYC.
Handmade soaps, $7 each, by Meow Meow Tweet.
Hand-sewn leather bag, $389, by Mos Atelier.
Magritte Nicked My Bike plate, $42, by Take Me Homeware by May Luk.
2. Motoring cap, $210, at Tracy Watts (119 8th St., nr. Second Ave., Studio 201; 718-499-7090).
3. Aardvark Brothers novelty cans, $11 each, at Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. (372 Fifth Ave., nr. 5th St.; 718-499-9884).
4. Nike Killshot sneakers, $90, at Premium Goods (347 Fifth Ave., nr. 4th St.; 718-369-7477).
5. Candlesticks, $30 to $32, at Brooklyn Mercantile (335 Fifth Ave., nr. 4th St.; 718-788-1233).
6. Sonia-Sonia Rykiel gloves, $95, at Bird (316 Fifth Ave., nr. 3rd St.; 718-768-4940).
7. Hanno Jr. wood gorilla by David Weeks for Areaware, $55, at Matter (227 Fifth Ave., nr. President St.; 718-230-1150).
8. Pretty Things Jack D’or beer, $10.95, at Bierkraft (191 Fifth Ave., nr. Berkeley Pl.; 718-230-7600).
Circuit Three: Nolita
Fewer chains than Soho but just as much stuff per block—this year, augmented by Gifted, a temporary satellite of the Brooklyn Flea.
1. Start at Brooklyn Flea’s Gifted Market
WrecordsByMonkey pendants, $62, at Gifted, 20 E. 4th St., at Lafayette St.; 11/27–12/24 (Wed. noon to 9 p.m.; Thurs., Sun. noon to 7 p.m.; Fri., Sat. noon to 8 p.m.).
Tribal Alphabet book, by Claudia Pearson, $18.
Five-foot street sign, $310, by Underground Signs.
Felt-and-leather tote, $180, by Flux Productions.
Whale-appliqué onesie, $24, and football onesie, $22, by Charlie and Sarah.
Pickled beets, $8, by Rick’s Picks.
2. Coenobium Rusticum white wine, at Astor Wines & Spirits, $29.99 (399 Lafayette St., nr. 4th St.; 212-674-7500).
3. H-Bag, $74, at Brooklyn Industries (290 Lafayette St., at Jersey St.; 212-219-0862).
4. Leopard Cruiser skateboard deck, $54, at Supreme (274 Lafayette St., nr. Prince St.; 212-966-7799).
5. A.J. Morgan cat’s-eye glasses UV 400, $15, at Lilliput SoHo Kids (240 Lafayette St., nr. Spring St.; 212-965-9201).
6. 3.1 Phillip Lim men’s high-tops, $325, at Odin (199 Lafayette St., nr. Broome St.; 212-966-0026).
7. Sachin and Babi “Jada” top, $395, at Calypso St. Barth (191 Lafayette St., at Broome St.; 212-941-6512).
8. Patrick Demarchelier, Asylum, and Bande á part books, $24.95 to $99, at Clic Bookstore (189 Lafayette St., nr. Broome St.; 212-966-1161).
Additional reporting by Justine Ingersoll