1. Take Mom to a party! A garden party, at the New York Botanical Garden, where there’ll be live music, games, casual picnicking, and more.
2. Or head to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, where they’ll be doing a Seasonal Highlights Guided Tour on Saturday and Sunday, free with admission.
3. Maybe time is tight? Buy Mom some lovely stems at a locally owned florist like Starbright Floral , or mother-daughter-owned Macres, both in the Teleflora network, or the newly-launched (and oh-so-quaint) Petal by Pedal, which will deliver locally-grown flowers in Mason jars. On a bike! If Mom didn’t know the definition of twee, she will after this.
4. Or send her to a spa day. Here are some places to pamper her.
5. How about a cruise? Spirit Cruises is offering a day of festivities including a buffet, “interactive DJ entertainment,” spectacular views, and shimmy-shaking.
6. Or maybe you’d rather watch dancing. The Alvin Ailey troupe returns to the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark for the weekend. There are two shows on Sunday.
7. Serenade her with a song, or have Joan Osborne do it at City Winery.
8. Or let that stud Craig Ferguson woo her with his jokes. He’ll be performing at the NYCB Theater at Westbury.
9. Whimsical moms will enjoy one of three showings of a Mother’s Day screening of Mary Poppins at BAM …
10. While edgier moms may opt for a screening of Warhol’s The Velvet Underground and Nico at Symphony Space.
11. Maybe mom likes art? There are few fairs happening over the weekend, including Frieze, Pulse, NADA, and PooL.
12. Or perhaps she’d like to take in a play. Impress her by getting tickets to one of this year’s Tony-nominated productions.
13. Moms like brunch, right? As part of our very own Vulture Festival, Mom can hobnob with Rufus Wainwright, Mr. Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk himself (though we’re sure brunch will be more substantial).
14. Or if mom’s she’s more risqué type, how take her to a Burlesque Brunch. Trust us, she’s seen it all already.