10 p.m.: Pop the Cork
If you’re feeling numbed by an onslaught of rich food, reach for a bottle of Moscato d’Asti—a sweet wine from Italy’s Piedmont region. Its gentle effervescence, fruity fragrance, and light body are sure to awaken your senses.
• $12–$18 at Le Dû’s Wines, 600 Washington St., at Leroy St.; 212-924-6999
10:15 p.m.: Take a Bite
Now for some sweet nothings, whispered and eaten. Not only do these ganaches spell out I love you in multiple languages, they’re also infused with romantic flavors like passion fruit, Moroccan mint, and the tonka bean of Surinam.
• From $32 at La Maison du Chocolat, 30 Rockefeller Plz., at 49th St.; 212-265-9404
10:25 p.m.: Make Sparks
Everyone looks better in candlelight, so heighten that inner glow with mood lighting from Dyptique’s Mimosa candle, which also has a sweetly floral scent.
• $48 at Clyde’s, 926 Madison Ave., at 74th St.; 212-744-5050
10:30 p.m.: Get Your Groove On
Get down with your download. Our mix of classics and modern charmers keeps the romance in the air.
1) José González, “Heartbeats”
2) Etta James, “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”
3) Claude Debussy, “Clair de Lune”
4) Rogue Wave, “Eyes”
5) The Beatles, “Here, There, and Everywhere”
6) Stevie Wonder, “My Cherie Amour”
7) Chet Baker, “My Funny Valentine”
8) Cat Power, “Wild Is the Wind”
9) Iron & Wine, “Love and Some Verses”
• $8.91 at iTunes
11 p.m.: Ruffle His Feathers
Now that your ears are taken care of, stimulate the eyes. Agent Provocateur’s Danni set, with its red ribbon trim and ruffled edges, makes clear what should happen next.
• $205 at Agent Provocateur, 133 Mercer St., nr. Prince St.; 212-965-0229
11:01 p.m.: De-Brief Her
If you’ve made it this far, you’re already feeling like a stud. But to really bring it home, slap on these Sexy Bastard briefs from Buckler, a brand favored by the ever-virile Rolling Stones.
• $25 at Buckler, 13 Gansevoort St., at Hudson St.; 212-255-1596
11:35 a.m.: Throw Away the Key
Should the night takes a kinkier turn, be prepared with these erotic—yet stylish—24-karat-gold handcuffs.
• $150 at Kiki De Montparnasse, 79 Greene St., at Spring St.; 212-965-8150
12:15 a.m.: Cuddle Up
Not that you’ll need a reason to nuzzle, but this limited-edition cashmere throw from the Sophia collection won’t be available much longer, so grab it (and your sweetheart) while you still can.
• $1,200 at Frette, 799 Madison Ave., at 67th St.; 212-988-5221
9 a.m.: Wake and Bake
For the morning after: Ceci-Cela frozen pain au chocolate and croissants. They won’t get stale overnight, and they bake in minutes. Serve with fresh coffee or a pot of green tea, then toast to a job well done.
• $7–$10 at Ceci-Cela, 166 Chambers St., nr. Greenwich St.; 212-566-8933