Married Yankee Alex Rodriguez has been stopping by Madonna’s Central Park West apartment regularly for the past several weeks, sometimes staying “as late as midnight.” “All the doormen are talking,” a source tells Us Weekly, in what is probably the best quote ever that means nothing. This news comes on top of reports from the U.K. that Madonna has hired Prince Charles’s divorce lawyer. The celebrity mag stops short of claiming that A-Rod and Madge are having an affair, but they sure seem to think so. So does OK!, which published a similar story about the friendship between the Bronx Bomber and the Material Girl. Here is their combined circumstantial evidence.
• A-Rod went to her concert on April 30.
• They hung out together at the Box afterward.
• Madonna sat in his seats, with her kids, at a Yankees game on June 22.
• Her son, Rocco, wore some Yankees gear once while playing in the park.
• The pair go to the same gym.
• A-Rod mysteriously hired Madonna’s manager, Guy Oseary, in December, even though Oseary has no sports experience.
• Rodriguez went to her Raising Malawi charity event.
To that we’ll add our own observation, that A-Rod randomly showed up to the premiere of Guy Richie’s Revolver on December 2, where he was rubbing shoulders with Oseary (the management deal would be announced two weeks later) and avoided interviews.
This kind of evidence wouldn’t hold water in a courtroom, but in the tabloid world, a tale of an A-Rod-Madonna affair would be what’s known as “too good to be true.” Especially with the reports of the impending divorce, and the recent hubbub over Rodriguez’s friendship with another blonde who likes to take her clothes off (remember Stray-Rod?). Reps for A-Rod gave no comment to OK!, but Madonna’s spokeswoman brushed aside the “friendship” story and said the pair “met briefly at a charity event and that’s it.”
Now that Guy Richie has just landed in town, he’s staying at the Central Park West apartment with her. We expect no more late-night visits. But we bet the doormen will still be talking.