It took two whole days for Funny or Die to spoof the amazing campaign ad of Dale Peterson, American hero and candidate for agriculture commissioner in Alabama. (God, we love that the Internet exists. Can you imagine how tragic it would have been if this ad came out in 1994 and nobody knew about it except for some people in Alabama who didn’t even find it funny? Anyway.) Obviously this is some low-hanging fruit, and the original ad is already so ridiculous that it almost doesn’t even need to be spoofed, but we’re not complaining. Couldn’t you picture an entire movie like this, starring Danny McBride as Peterson and Will Ferrell as his campaign manager, which ends up being only so-so overall but is periodically hilarious?
Things you buy through our links may earn New York a commission.
Most Viewed Stories
- Wait, But Weren’t His Parents Law Professors?
- One Worrying Sign for Democrats in the Midterm Results
- 10 More Disturbing Revelations About Sam Bankman-Fried
- How Michael Goguen Got Conned
- The U.S. Just Outplayed England at the World Cup