Compared to how tame and uneventful most political rallies are, the rally held by President Obama in Philadelphia yesterday was like the Gathering of the Juggalos. Not only did one guy streak naked for a million dollars, but Obama became the latest in a long and illustrious line of American politicians who have had things thrown at them when someone flung a book his way. Obama didn’t seem to notice, but the moment was captured on video (at the :23 mark).
Obviously it’s dangerous anytime someone is able to throw something at the president. If you really wanted to harm the president, though, would you throw a book? Perhaps as with the naked guy, then, this was yet another publicity stunt. Once we find out the name of the book that was thrown at Obama people are already scrutinizing the back cover it’ll immediately become a runaway best-seller among the tea partiers.
Things you buy through our links may earn New York a commission.
Most Viewed Stories
- Here’s Every Single Lie Told by George Santos
- Why Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sánchez Are Relationship Goals
- Trump’s Terrified 2024 Rivals Show It’s His Race to Lose
- Trump Has Reportedly Discovered the Modern Magic of Texting
- The Uprising That Ran Out