Much like there are pizza places and authentic New York pizza places, there are also bodegas and authentic New York bodegas. What differentiates the two? According to a rule we just made up, just now, as we were typing this out, an authentic bodega is home not only to decades-old cans of beans and tuna, but also to a bodega cat, which patrols the store for vermin and startles customers who almost step on it by accident all the time.
After years of being ignored, bodega cats are finally getting their due attention. They have their own Flickr page, one of them made an appearance in the first season of Louie, and now, they are the focus of a faux nature documentary, replete with British narration.
Things you buy through our links may earn New York a commission.
Most Viewed Stories
- Did China’s Alleged Spy Balloon Mission Backfire? Updates
- Why Does It Feel Like Amazon Is Making Itself Worse?
- Here’s Every Single Lie Told by George Santos
- Has Pete Buttigieg’s Dream Job Turned Into a Nightmare?
- GOP Congresswoman Blamed Wildfires on Secret Jewish Space Laser
grammys 2023Every Red Carpet Look at the 2023 Grammys Every Red Carpet Look at the 2023 Grammys
grammysWhich Old Video-Game Score Would Have Won a Grammy? Which Old Video-Game Score Would Have Won a Grammy?
early and oftenHas Pete Buttigieg’s Dream Job Turned Into a Nightmare? Has Pete Buttigieg’s Dream Job Turned Into a Nightmare?