things that are gross

Brooklyn Students Hospitalized by Axe Body Spray

Photo: Shoun Hill/AP/Corbis

Eight — count them — eight students were hospitalized, and another two taken to their own doctors by their parents, when someone released Axe body spray in a Brooklyn sixth-grade classroom on Wednesday. Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt, but administrators at Medgar Evers College Preparatory School said “disciplinary action was pending,” according to the Daily News. We wish this story was novel, but it is not. Earlier this year a Pennsylvania high school banned the spray after a student exposed to it was hospitalized. And last year a kid in Connecticut using it in the locker room set off a fire alarm. Maybe the city should raise the age limit on this stuff while they’re doing that kind of thing.