On Wednesday, a Staten Island grand jury declined to indict the white NYPD officer who killed an unarmed, asthmatic black man by putting him into an illegal chokehold. That was just two days ago and yet it feels like a million years, perhaps because it was just one of many shitty things that tumbled out of the ether and into our laps this week. Racism is alive. Journalism is dead. Men’s rights activists are feeling vindicated. But let’s momentarily set aside all that garbage and focus on some good things that happened this week. Here are ten of them.
1. A pug took a bath and it was the best day of his life. Barry the pug was so excited to be bathed by his owner in the kitchen sink that he couldn’t stop flopping around in the water and curling his tail in pleasure.
2. A teenage girl built her cat a kitty-shaped snow fort. Best snow day ever.
3. President Obama danced with Santa. Nice to know that no matter how trying being the leader of the free world can be, President Obama will never lose his groove.
Things you buy through our links may earn Vox Media a commission.
Most Viewed Stories
- Sam Altman Is the Oppenheimer of Our Age
- Master Dealmaker Melania Trump Keeps Renegotiating Her Prenup
- Is Target Really Closing a New York Store Over Shoplifting?
- Jamaal Bowman Pulled a Fire Alarm on Capitol Hill
- The New War on Porn Is Winning
court appearancesSam Bankman-Fried’s Way to Win How Sam Bankman-Fried Could Win
astrologyMadame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of October 2 Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of October 2
businessIs Target Really Closing a New York Store Over Shoplifting? Is Target Really Closing a New York Store Over Shoplifting?