On Wednesday, a Staten Island grand jury declined to indict the white NYPD officer who killed an unarmed, asthmatic black man by putting him into an illegal chokehold. That was just two days ago and yet it feels like a million years, perhaps because it was just one of many shitty things that tumbled out of the ether and into our laps this week. Racism is alive. Journalism is dead. Men’s rights activists are feeling vindicated. But let’s momentarily set aside all that garbage and focus on some good things that happened this week. Here are ten of them.
1. A pug took a bath and it was the best day of his life. Barry the pug was so excited to be bathed by his owner in the kitchen sink that he couldn’t stop flopping around in the water and curling his tail in pleasure.
2. A teenage girl built her cat a kitty-shaped snow fort. Best snow day ever.
3. President Obama danced with Santa. Nice to know that no matter how trying being the leader of the free world can be, President Obama will never lose his groove.
Things you buy through our links may earn New York a commission.
Most Viewed Stories
- Why America’s Railroads Refuse to Give Their Workers Paid Leave
- What Does Sam Bankman-Fried Have to Say for Himself?
- Trump Was Tricked Into Dining With Too Many Antisemites
- It’s Another Chapter of Racism and the Royal Family
- Not Even Alex Jones Can Help Kanye West