Heather Mills Is Moving to the West VillagePaul McCartney’s ex drops some of his dime on a New York pad, well-meaning yuppie scum set up shop in the East Village, Enrique Norten gets a second chance in downtown Brooklyn, and more, in this week’s kickoff to our daily boroughs wrap-up!
A Higher Level of Cleanliness in Washington HeightsBrooklyn Heights: An 1844 train tunnel, rediscovered in 1980, is now open to tours, via a manhole at Court Street and Atlantic Avenue. [NewYorkology]
Chelsea: Health clinic’s trash is a rat magnet. Yum! Medical waste! [Blog Chelsea]
Clinton Hill: Pratt students, not the projects on DeKalb Avenue, are the source of filthy sidewalks on Kent Avenue. [Brownstoner]
Kew Gardens: Queens beep Helen Marshall wants a grimy statue of a zaftig naked dude taken down because she thinks it’s sexist. [NYS via Queens Crap]
Little Neck/Douglaston: Tired of trust falls? Alley Pond Park has a huge ropes course. [Gothamist]
Washington Heights: Sounds awesome, but exactly how much does the Grand Ba Ba, “ascended master of cleaning,” cost? [Copyranter]
It’s Not Just a Bus Shelter, It’s Street Furniture!
• Brooklyn: What was your worst meal in the borough this year? Complain away! [Brooklyn Record]
• Chelsea: Trying to catch the east-bound crosstown bus at 23rd and Fifth? Well, you can’t anymore. [Chelsea.ClickYourBlock via BlogChelsea]
• Clinton Hill: How did that hideous building get on Lefferts Place? [Brownstoner]
• Dumbo: Coming soon to Jay Street: a much-needed, independent pharmacy. [Dumbo NYC]
• Gowanus: Looking for as few windows as possible and a dreary concrete façade? There’s a new building on Bond Street just for you. [NYC.gov via Curbed]