1. On Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m., Martin Schoeller will be appearing at the Hasted Hunt Kraeutler Gallery. You’ll be able to buy copies of his photographic compendiums Close Up and Female Bodybuilders, the current exhibition.
2. There’s also the Chelsea Art Walk. On Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m., over 25 galleries in the Chelsea area will have extended hours and special events like poetry readings and artist talks. Check the official website for details.
3. If you’d rather just go to one space and see a bunch of artists, Priska C. Juschka Fine Art has their “Big Picture” gallery show, a group exhibition comprised of large-scale paintings by emerging artists.
4. Take a drive up the Hudson to the
5. Back in Brooklyn at Life of Fire, they’re tempting fate: setting sculptures aflame in an all-night warehouse event. The description is cryptic, but there will be booze, performers such as Afrika Bambaataa, and “a moment when the night goes exquisitely out of control.” Sign up here for the invite and further instruction, if you dare.
6. Or if you don’t dare, try something more tame. With nude models. This Thursday pop into Gilles Larrain’s Art Salon Party, a monthly gathering in the photographer’s Soho loft that offers life drawing with models, music, dance, or spoken word. And of course good food, wine, and conversation. Maybe you’ll talk about the scantily clad lady in the room …
7. … or you’ll converse about your plans for Sunday, which could be attending the Bomb magazine summer bash at Glasslands Gallery, featuring musicians; Brooklyn artist Steve Keene, who will have his paintings of vintage Bomb covers for sale; and Title TK, an art-world supergroup so awesome they don’t even have a name. It’s enough for an art hangover.