1. Kick off the weekend on an island! Governors Island opens this Friday at 10 a.m. for months of summer fun in the sun.
3. And oh yeah, it’s Fleet Week! Indulge your inner Carrie Bradshaw starting Thursday, with a plethora of events like free ship tours, performances in Times Square, Broadway showcases at Pier 86, and sailor meet-and-greets.
4. You’re bound to get hungry with all of the sailor scouting, so grab a meal at one of the city’s newly-opened outdoor dining spots.
6. Up for a drive? Connecticut hosts the two-day B.O.M.B. Fest, with performances by Weezer and Snoop Dogg (although, sadly, not together), as well as a healthy dose of local acts.
7. Or shuffle your feet closer to home with DJ Scribe and the boys at the I Love Vinyl two year anniversary party, or outside at the new Gowanus Grove (formerly The BKLYN Yard), for the first Mister Sunday, a spin-off of the Mister Saturday Night party, with special guest Four Tet.
9. On Memorial Day proper, catch a parade. In Brooklyn one kicks off at 11 a.m. on Third Ave. and 89th St. ending up at John Paul Jones Park while in Queens you can start at the same time at Myrtle and Cooper Ave., ending up at Myrtle and Cypress Ave.
10. Or see a free concert by The New York Philharmonic, conducted by Alan Gilbert, at St. John the Divine at 8 p.m.